Laser Hair Removal
If you’re tired of spending money and time on unwanted body hair, then Laser Hair Removal could be the answer for you!
At SkinGenius, we specialise in Laser Hair Removal, from our clinic in Cheshire. Our trained technicians can treat most areas of the body using the very latest laser technology from Lumenis.
Our Laser Hair Removal treatments offer the most effective way to help you gradually remove the amount of unwanted hair you have on your body. In seconds, the laser emits infrared laser energy which passes through the skin and targets the melanin-producing cells in the shafts of growing hair. These cells absorb the light energy, causing them to heat up, damage their DNA and ultimately destroy them.
Book your consultation today for a quick and easy way to remove unwanted hair.
Why choose SkinGenius Clinic for
Laser Hair Removal?
Safe form of treatment
Laser hair removal is continually advancing and is as safe as it has ever been. Our partnership with Lumenis ensures we are able to offer the most advanced laser technology.
Cost-effective hair removal treatment
Laser hair removal provides long-term and cost-effective treatments. Compared to shaving and waxing, laser hair is better value for money, without question.
Multi-Award Winning Clinic with a 100% Safety Record
Our expert practitioners have a wealth of experience and are highly skilled & have been specially trained. Check out our google reviews!
Laser Hair Removal Pricing
We offer the best price for medical-grade Laser Hair Removal treatments in Warrington, Cheshire.
Book a consultation so we can design a bespoke treatment plan for you.
Facial Hair Removal Prices
X 1 Session
X 8 Session
Lip or chin
Lip and chin
Body Hair Removal Prices
X 1 Session
X 8 Session
Bikini Hair Removal Prices
X 1 Session
X 8 Session
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
One of the main benefits of laser hair removal is that it is incredibly efficient and cost-effective long-term. In just a few sessions, you’ll no longer need to buy hundreds of razors or spend money on wax appointments. Most often, hair does not grow back for a very long time and where it does, it is much lighter and finer.
It reduces ingrown hairs
While shaving and plucking hair can make it more likely for you to get ingrown hairs, laser hair removal removes hair at the root and prevents this issue. This means no scarring or damage, even for the most sensitive skin leaving it smooth and soft.
It’s pretty much pain-free
Especially compared to waxing or threading, laser hair removal is a relatively pain-free process. Most people feel very little, and some will feel a slight heat sensation for just a few seconds.
FAQ’s and Aftercare Advice
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Light Sheer Diode Laser hair removal targets areas of skin with concentrated short pulses of light energy in order to damage hair follicles and prevent hair from growing back. Common treatment areas for laser hair removal include the face, legs, underarms, back and bikini area. When performed by a trained clinician, it is a completely safe procedure with a number of significant benefits.
- Light Sheer Diode Laser, incorporates the benefits of a variety of wavelengths and technologies, providing a customised treatment session for every client.
- Diode laser technology gradually heats the skin to a temperature that effectively damages the hair follicles and prevents hair from growing back.
- Diode laser hair removal is an effective treatment. Many clients will find that their hair is removed long-term.
- The diode laser hair removal involves minimal discomfort.
- A variety of applicators means that any part of the body, including the smallest and most sensitive areas, can be treated.
How do I go about booking my appointment?
Step 1 – Book a consultation here
Step 2 – Attend a consultation and patch test (ensure to adhere to no-tanning rules)
Step 3 – A bespoke treatment package will be created to suit your needs and budget. Finance options available.
Step 4 – Begin the treatment plan.
Step 5 – Maintenance treatments may be required once or twice a year.
How many treatments do you need?
Once the hair has been completely removed from areas of the body, it will only grow back under very rare circumstances, such as a significant hormonal change.
What skin tones and hair types can be treated?
Whilst laser works best on dark hair and pale skin but if your hair is lighter in colour, laser hair removal may still be effective for you but will need to be assessed.
Can you get laser hair removal if you have a tan?
We recommend waiting at least 4 weeks after getting a tan from the sun, sun beds or tanning lotion. This will ensure the best results.
Are There Any Side Effects to Laser Hair Removal?
When laser hair removal is done correctly, the risk of side effects is extremely low. A qualified practitioner will customise the laser settings to your complexion and to the area of the body being treated.
What happens following my treatment?
- You may experience some redness and heat immediately following your treatment, but it doesn’t last long and will certainly be gone after a few hours.
- After 1-3 weeks, it may seem like your hair is getting longer, but that’s actually the hair being pushed out of your skin! It will fall out soon after.
- Follicles that are damaged sufficiently, will not regrow hairs. Those only partially damaged will produce finer hair until, eventually, it stops growing a hair completely.
What must I do after getting laser hair removal?
- Avoid direct sunlight from hitting your treated skin.
- Do not use a tanning bed, sun lamp, or any other indoor tanning equipment.
- Avoid activities that cause sweating in the area for 48 hours
- Follow the specific after-care instructions.
How will I manage my hair growth between treatments?
Once you’ve decided on Laser hair removal, you will need to stop waxing, plucking or epilating the area; you can shave as much as you like, but no ripping the hair out at the root as a hair need to be present at the time of treatment.
What are the possible side effects?
The Light Sheer most rarely causes any adverse effects; however, some minor side effects cannot be ruled out. These side effects include
- Minor redness
- Mild follicular oedema (swelling)
- Herpes simplex (cold sores) outbreaks
- Skin lightening or darkening
It is also important to follow your aesthetician’s instructions. Following both the before-treatment instructions and after-treatment instructions will greatly reduce your risk of side effects.
How do I prepare for my treatments?
- While it may be tempting to keep up with your typical routine before Laser Hair Removal, refrain from waxing for 4-6 weeks before your appointment. Laser Hair Removal targets the pigment in your hair follicle, and since waxing removes the whole hair shaft, it will be difficult for the laser to correctly pinpoint the hairs it needs to eliminate.
- Be sure to avoid UV exposure before your Laser Hair Removal appointment, as an active tan increase your risk of adverse reactions. The skin needs to be free from cream and fake tan..
- Exfoliating the treatment area a week before treatment is a good idea to cleanse the skin of any dead skin cells or product build-up.
- You will be asked to shave the area prior to treatment. For bikini and underarm treatments, it is best that you wear light-coloured underwear as the laser light can be attracted to the dark pigments and heat up.
When can I have my first treatment?
You will first have a consultation, during which time a full medical history will be taken. In addition, hair analysis and a patch test will be carried out to check your suitability for treatment.
Generally, clients are seen 48 hours later to assess the effect on the skin, and this can be used as a guide to optimising the treatment.